OpenEMPI: The Complete Tutorial Version 4
Everything you need to know to install, configure and manage an instance of OpenEMPI
This is a comprehensive course on the OpenEMPI software. This course will teach you how to use the software and especially how to configure the various algorithms so that you can achieve the optimal matching results for your dataset. Here is an outline of some of the topics covered in this training course.
- Learn what problem OpenEMPI has been designed to solve and how OpenEMPI approaches the problem at a high-level
- Learn how to use the OpenEMPI Management Console which is the web-based interface you use to configure and manage your OpenEMPI instance
- Understand the process that you need to follow to configure your instance of the software
- Learn how to load onto your instance the records that you need the system to manage and deduplicate
- Learn how to define custom features that will allow the system to more effectively identify duplicate records
- Learn how to configure the blocking algorithm that has been designed to increase the performance of the system and allow it to manage a large number of records
- Learn how the various matching algorithms work in detail and how to configure them optimally for your dataset
Odysseas Pentakalos is Chief Technology Officer at SYSNET International, Inc., where he focuses on providing consulting services with the architecture, design and development of large distributed systems with a specific focus on the Health IT systems.
He has been the Principal Investigator on a number of Health IT Research Projects and is the lead architect of the OpenEMPI Enterprise Master Patient Index software which is currently in use all around the world.
He holds a Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of Maryland he has published dozens of papers and authored two books.